Our last category of resorts in Disney World is my favorite. As disclosed in my past few posts, I’ve developed a bit of hotel snobbery since traveling to WDW and thus the addiction to Deluxe resorts was born. It’s real, fellow magic lovers, and is perpetuated by the quality and luxury of what Disney has to offer. Let’s dive in, shall we?
Deluxe Disney Resorts:
- Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Beach Club Resort
- BoardWalk Inn
- Contemporary Resort
- Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Polynesian Village Resort
- Wilderness Lodge
- Yacht Club Resort
Like the name suggests, these resorts are the priciest of the crowd, but I do believe that some of them are worth your paycheck. The pros for these resorts are extensive with little in the way of cons (except for the obvious – your money!). I’ve been fortunate enough to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge, the Contemporary, the Polynesian, and Wilderness Lodge. In a future post, we’ll detail the difference between the Deluxe and the Villa options, but today we’re simplifying with something a bit more straightforward.
Once you decide to stay at a Deluxe, it’s REALLY challenging to want to stay at other options.
- Size: like the Moderate resorts, the size here is a fraction of that of a Value. You won’t find yourself waiting in line at bus stops!
- Transportation: from most of these resorts, you can walk, monorail, or boat to the parks. Again, this is a HUGE perk for me, especially when you’re traveling with kids who nap! Going back to your room during the day is so much less stressful when you can walk back in 10 minutes rather than riding on a bus for an hour from a park.
- Signature Dining Options: unlike counter service, these resorts have quality restaurants that range from family-style to Michelin starred
- Room Space: you can bring more people with you in less cramped spaces!
- Interior Decor: this may not matter to some, but the choice of the decor is themed in a sophisticated way, including the hallway! I LOVE some of the art in these resorts. And oddly enough, the scent for each Deluxe is unique to JUST that location. I love this detail! (better mattresses, too)
- Pools: less crowded & more seating
- Views: some have them right INTO a park (notably, the Contemporary). You can see the Magic Kingdom evening fireworks from your bath tub
- Of course, extra magic hours!
- Expense. This is no joke. Even though this is the only one, it’s a biggie.
For Disney lovers, this might be a contentious choice. The Poly is my husband’s #1 go to and dream resort. While I appreciate the theming, my preference is Wilderness Lodge. Are you stupified in utter shock? It’s charming and rustic – the chairs by the fireplace feel so down-home cozy. This is totally out of the realm of my everyday decor, but I think that might be one of the reasons I love it so much. It also feels very private because of the woods close to the lake. The real magic here happens at night. The lanterns in the trees look like fireflies and the walk to the boat (that’ll take you straight to the Magic Kingdom!) is nothing less than majestic.
If you decide that these pricier options just aren’t in your budget, the Moderate and Value options are available. Truly, this place is just so wonderful that what really matters is staying here, not where you stay!
Now that you know your choices, where would you like to stay? What’s on your list?